Sunday, April 20, 2008

death in the family

Mr. Sassyfins, my goldfish, was dead when I woke up this morning.

When I moved here, because I was moving off campus, my friends were all excited about me finally living in the outside world. “You can get a plant! And a pet!”, as if I’d just gotten done with 28 days of rehab and needed to prove I could take care of these things and myself. Still, I got a cactus and a goldfish.

My cactus died four months after I moved here. I don’t know if I watered it too much or not enough or didn’t give it enough light or if it got too much sun or what. It still died.

Now my fish is dead, too, a few months shy of two years.

Should this mean something?

2 comments:

nan said...

it means it was just his time. nearly 2 years for a goldfish? Man, you are a caring nurturer!

leonor said...

not mr. sassyfins!!!!!!