Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas, 1975

Long ago, in a distant and faraway land known as West Germany, my parents brought an unplanned, "surprise" baby into the world. That baby was me.

Two weeks later, they dressed their older child in a pair of plaid pants that were incredibly stylish at the time, and took the children together to see a Santa Claus who, based on his glasses, appears to be a poor hapless private from my dad's platoon forced into doing this at the company Christmas party.

Obviously, I hate Santa:

Christmas, 1975

No wonder I never got that GI Joe aircraft carrier for Christmas. You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and clearly I made a bad one on Santa.

4 comments:

leonor said...

oh man. this is YOU?!?!?!

Joel said...

On the left, yes. Fighting with Santa's beard.

Lauren said...

oh...my brother totally got the GI Joe aircraft carrier-that thing was a beast!

Jeannie said...

Joel, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!