Saturday, December 15, 2007

memes, darkness, and centaurs

Nan sent me a meme where you post a picture of your computer desktop, so here’s mine:

desktop

It’s a screenshot from “City of Villains”, one of the game that I play on my computer, allegedly to relieve stress. Most of the time the game gets me all stressed out, too. I’m not sure what that picture tells you about me, as I change the desktop on a weekly and sometimes daily basis, but there it is right now.

While I’m posting random things, I stayed late one night this week, and left work after dark. I snapped this on my way to my car:

bright lights, mid-sized city

It’s blurry because I had the flash shut off, and my hands shake. That’s why I don’t take many pictures at night.

In other news, I had a meeting in the library this week, and finally got to see our campus’ (in)famous centaur skeleton.

centaur?

It was a hoax perpetrated by a campus professor to teach students about gullibility. What I find most amusing is that not only is the exhibit itself fake, but the base is made of fake marble and the sides are faux wood. I guess I’m a sucker for a thematic display. It has its own web page if anyone is curious.

No comments: