Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Me!

It's been five years since I packed up my stuff:

Bye, Bye, Bye

finished out the school year:

I won a clock!

road tripped to Washington, DC:

pale, untanned legs

went to Katie's wedding:

mmmmm... bride

had my car totalled by a drunk driver:

remember when?

moved into my first off-campus apartment:

lving room/kitchen

unpacked:

stupid alphabet

bought grown up furniture:

big bed

got another car:

vroooooom!

started work:

my office

and fell deeply in love with Knoxville:

sunsphere

and the University:

Et tu, Barbie?

It's been five years, and I'm so happy I came. I have worked with amazing students, faculty, staff, family members, alumni, and members of the community, and feel privileged to be a part of it.

And I hope I'm here for at least five more.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your UT Housing anniversary is at a similar time of year as mine! When I think about it, perhaps that is not much of a coincidence. I guess it's the same time of year as a lot of UT Housing people are hired. lol You’ve been an excellent addition to UT Housing and Knoxville!

Lauren P. said...

Yay, Joel! I remember when you got there and someone said to me..."he has an earring and is from New York state." So scandalous! I am glad I met you there and that you are enjoying Knoxville. Some days I miss Market Square/Old City still.

Jeannie said...

Your apartment looks so odd empty!