Saturday, October 25, 2008

bugs

The other day, as I was coming, I noticed a stinkbug climbing my porch railing. It contrasted against the railing really well, and I was in no hurry, so I decided to play with the zoom lens a little and see what happened:

stinkbug (1)

stinkbug (2)

closeup

bug and bug

I learned two things:

1) It's hard to shoot a moving target with the macro zoom lens. That things was crawling pretty fast, and a number of the pictures came out really blurry just because he was moving and I was moving trying to keep up with him.

2) That's a stinkbug. I sent my field guide for North American insects to the used bookstore a while ago, so I had to put "Tennessee brown beetle" into Google on an image search and page through until I saw something that looked like mine.

No comments: