Tuesday, June 12, 2007

book review - All Families Are Psychotic

Since giving up the left hander book I've already finished Douglas Coupland's All Families Are Psychotic!

This is my third Coupland book, and only the second of his fiction. (I'm counting "Dictator Style" as nonfiction even if the bookstore had it in the humor section.) This was funnier than "Girlfriend in a Coma", but you have to immediately suspend disbelief almost from the first page, as the family and the situations they stumble into through their own dysfunctional interactions get more and more outrageous. In the last half of the book, every chapter was an exercise in "Oh my God, now what?" but it stayed funny the whole way through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to get into that book - and I borrowed it from Cracker. Maybe it is because I was like, "yeah right" after the first incident. Glad you liked it though.