Saturday, June 9, 2007

out of town visitors

Kim and Kevin came to town yesterday so that Kevin could go to a convention, and I met them out at their hotel last night so that we could go to dinner. I squeezed them into my car (they’re not fat; putting any group of people into a bug automatically qualifies as squeezing) and took them out to Buddy’s for barbecue. After a quick trip to Super Target we split up for the night, and then this morning I picked Kim up while Kevin went to the convention.

I took Kim to the used bookstore, where we spent hours and hours walking around. I picked up four books, but Kim must have gotten at least a dozen, and I thought we’d have to pry her out of the store with a crowbar even after Kevin called. Once he called, we drove out to campus to meet him, and then went to get sandwiches for lunch at McCallister’s.

Or McAllister’s.

I can’t remember the name even though I’ve driven past or seen ads for it plenty of times. We ate inside, because it’s hot today, but had a lot of fun watching the birds outside pick apart the food on the tables waiting to be bussed.

deli birds

After lunch we went to buy t-shirts, and then I drove them around campus for a tour.

campus visitors

There’s not really a lot to see on campus on a non-game weekend, especially in summer, and they had to get back on the road soon, so we wrapped up with a quick trip to the gardens.

flower

Other than making a big, oven baked homemade mac and cheese tonight, I don’t really have anything planned for the rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE HELL DOES RODRIGO MEAN BY THAT HOOEY?

-Kim