Saturday, June 9, 2007

out of town visitors

Kim and Kevin came to town yesterday so that Kevin could go to a convention, and I met them out at their hotel last night so that we could go to dinner. I squeezed them into my car (they’re not fat; putting any group of people into a bug automatically qualifies as squeezing) and took them out to Buddy’s for barbecue. After a quick trip to Super Target we split up for the night, and then this morning I picked Kim up while Kevin went to the convention.

I took Kim to the used bookstore, where we spent hours and hours walking around. I picked up four books, but Kim must have gotten at least a dozen, and I thought we’d have to pry her out of the store with a crowbar even after Kevin called. Once he called, we drove out to campus to meet him, and then went to get sandwiches for lunch at McCallister’s.

Or McAllister’s.

I can’t remember the name even though I’ve driven past or seen ads for it plenty of times. We ate inside, because it’s hot today, but had a lot of fun watching the birds outside pick apart the food on the tables waiting to be bussed.

deli birds

After lunch we went to buy t-shirts, and then I drove them around campus for a tour.

campus visitors

There’s not really a lot to see on campus on a non-game weekend, especially in summer, and they had to get back on the road soon, so we wrapped up with a quick trip to the gardens.

flower

Other than making a big, oven baked homemade mac and cheese tonight, I don’t really have anything planned for the rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE HELL DOES RODRIGO MEAN BY THAT HOOEY?

-Kim