Saturday, November 10, 2007

Homecoming, a week late

Homecoming rock

Last weekend was Homecoming. There was a parade on Friday and a big game on Saturday, and since it was a home game I was working at the stadium doing the ticket thing. Those of us working at Gate 23 decided over e-mail to have our own little tailgating event up at the gate, so we each brought something in. My contribution was sausage balls:

sausage balls

I never had a sausage ball until I moved here, but they are apparently a delicious Southern tradition, and I’ve become a fan. They are made with bulk sausage, a lot of pepper, some Bisquick, and cheddar cheese. You roll them up, bake them, and eat them at room temperature. I made 72 of them, and 68 actually made it into the container to go to the game.

Anyway, here’s a few more shots of Homecoming before I go work this weekend’s game.

the band goes by

cooking with smokey

steamboat float again

stadium banners

banner, with cheerleader

Also, at the parade I was close enough to Pat Summitt, the Lady Vols basketball coach, to climb in the back of the car with her:

pat summitt

I didn’t, of course, but once I talked to her in line at lunch and it was awesome!

No comments: